Thursday, January 10, 2008

COQ10

Have you ever heard of the supplement COQ10? It is something that is prevalent in our bodies. It helps break down food and turn it into energy somehow.

I understand that it is very important for muscle function and especially the heart. In fact, it would appear that other countries have been using it as a treatment for congestive heart failure for years.

I can tell you from personal experience that there is something to it:

A few years ago we had a Great Dane named Daisy. She was getting old and was having a lot of trouble with her back legs shaking. She finally got to where she could hardly walk and didn’t want to eat.

The vet did not have any real solutions for us. I was researching on the Internet and came across COQ10. Much of the data I found mentioned that many chronic diseases and conditions may also include a lack of ubiquinone (COQ10).

Desperate to help her, I got some COQ10 at Wal-Mart. I gave her 100mg with a little bit of bread and bacon grease. It appears that COQ10 is fat soluble and works much better if administered with some type of fat.

Later that day I went to the kitchen and opened the fridge. I looked up and there was Daisy, wagging her tail and looking much better. I gave her something to eat and she ate it and seemed just fine.

I also noticed that her back legs were barely shaking. They were probably 80% better and some days, she didn’t shake at all. I continued to give her the COQ10, along with fish oil and brewers yeast and she lived for another two years. And her quality of life was very good up until the end.

In summation, COQ10 may be worth looking into for you as well as your pet. Just be sure and check with a medical professional if you (or your pet) are taking medications.

No comments: